T2 Environnement has a team of senior specialists who successfully carry out large-scale projects. Our multidisciplinary team allows us to offer a complete range of customized services in the following areas:
Inventory and mapping of biological and physical environments
Ecosystem inventory and mapping are the foundation of any environmental assessment and any ecological restoration, conservation or biodiversity enhancement project. T² Environnement is based on more than two decades of experience in characterization and mapping of terrestrial and wetland ecosystems. T² Environnement masters the inventory methods required by provincial and federal governments and innovates by developing efficient tools to assess the value of wildlife and plant habitats. We work with a geo-referenced platform and submetric GPS.
Learn more about the inventory and mapping of biological and physical environments service by clicking on the following projects:
The environmental assessment process is an essential step for any project that requires government authorization. T² Environnement has extensive experience in environmental assessment, including conducting environmental impact studies and obtaining authorization certificates. We assist our clients in the writing of project notices for ministries and cities. Over the years, we have produced environmental assessments that meet the requirements of Quebec and federal regulations as well as the aspirations of local communities.
Learn more about the environmental assessment service by clicking on the following projects:
Ecological restoration consists of intervening in an ecosystem degraded by human activities in such a way as to allow the gradual return of wildlife and plant habitats present before the disturbance. The action of restoring a site may result from notices of violation, legal obligations or the willingness of citizens to restore a viable natural environment to the community. We restore wetlands and mining sites, control the invasion of exotic species and promote conditions conducive to biodiversity.
Learn more about the ecological restoration service by clicking on the following projects:
- Implementation of an ecological restoration program for a mining complex located north of Schefferville
- Development of a corrective measures plan to be implemented for the restoration of a wetland in Montérégie
- Development of a corrective measures plan to be implemented for the restoration of wetlands in Montérégie
- Feasibility study for the trophic restoration of Roxton Lake
Characterization of wetlands and governmental authorizations
The new regulations issued by the government require qualified biologists to delimit and characterize wetlands and hydrous environments present on a site before any development can take place. T² Environnement’s senior experts in botany and soil conduct numerous wetland studies each year that meet the requirements of the ministère de l’Environnement et la Lutte contre les changements climatiques (MELCC) and municipal governments. We will assist you in all the steps leading to obtaining a certificate of authorization and compensation for the possible loss of wetlands or hydrous environments.
Learn more about the characterization of wetlands and government authorizations service by clicking on the following projects:
- Characterization of the wetlands and hydrous environments and sensitive plant habitats on the site of Camping Club Havana in Maricourt
- Characterization of the wetlands and hydrous environments of the Lac Sandysun Campground in Franklin
- Characterization of biophysical components and impact assessments for the operation of a sand pit in Val-des-Monts
- Counter-expertise on the presence of wetlands and watercourses on the territory of the City of Saint-Lazare
Before investing substantial sums of money to purchase land and prepare plans and specifications, it is wise to be aware of the opportunities and constraints associated with the project site. T² Environnement assists its clients in developing sites by taking into consideration the topography, the optimal layout of the road network, roads and trails as well as site-specific constraints (steep slopes, soil types, presence of wetlands, water, sensitive or protected areas, easements, potential soil contamination, etc.). We can also integrate the view and atmosphere of the site (streams and water bodies, forest cover, natural shorelines, etc.) into the analysis.
Learn more about the ecosystem-based management service by clicking on the following projects:
Enhancement and conservation of natural environments
Acquiring and conserving or enhancing a site for the benefit of society and biodiversity is no small task. T² Environnement identifies sites of interest, estimates their ecological value and potential for conservation and enhancement activities. We also validate the interest of communities in participating in the project and practicing their favourite outdoor activities.
Learn more about the enhancement and conservation of natural environments service by clicking on the following projects:
- Conservation and sustainable development plans for four high ecological value sites in Kahnawà:ke
- Intervention approach to control the devastation caused by the emerald ash borer in the rivière Saint-Charles Park
- Turtle inventory and management plan for the establishment of turtle nesting sites
- Action plan for the enhancement of forest ecosystems in the Bois-de-Brouage Park
- Guide to the development and ecological maintenance of urban ponds for the City of Brossard
Multidisciplinary project management
Over the years, we have developed a strong ability to build and coordinate multidisciplinary teams. This approach allows us to offer our clients a turnkey service that integrates several complementary areas of expertise. We also manage complex research projects that bridge the needs of our clients, academic researchers and private industry.
Learn more about the multidisciplinary project management service by clicking on the following projects:
Communication and training
The T² Environnement team attaches great importance to environmental education and continuous training. Over the years, we have given conferences, written articles on cutting-edge environmental topics, created guides for the public and produced environmental columns in the form of videos. We also provide soil training for professionals who need to take into account and characterize this essential component of ecosystems.
Learn more about the communication and training service by clicking on the following projects:
- Guide on habitat development for pollinators in power transmission rights-of-way
- Preparation and presentation of a training course on wetland soils
- Writing a book on biodiversity for the City of Victoriaville
Consult the various articles we have written (available only in French):
- Profil de biologiste
- Reconnaître les milieux humides pour mieux les gérer et les valoriser
- Travailler en synergie pour développer des infrastructures vertes pérennes
- L’agrile du Frêne. Transformer une problématique en opportunité
- Les friches, ces écosystèmes sous-estimés
- Renforcement et mise en valeur de la biodiversité municipale
- Projet de restauration écologique. Les six étapes essentielles pour en assurer le succès
Click here to consult our various environmental columns.